Friday, September 08, 2006
We are back from Memphis! Maria, Mom, Dad and little Blake all went while Eddie and Aidan stayed back to hold down the fort. Maria was great. Everyone was so happy to see her. We got the MRI and it shows that the tumor has not grown and that it is stable. That is great news. We would have like to have seen it disappear, but stable is the next best thing. Our next scan is scheduled for the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. And boy do we have a lot to be thankful for, let me see……………..
Anyways, Maria is back in school and just loving her new teacher. She does her homework every night. School is one thing that she truly loves. She gets up every morning so excited to run to the bus stop and jump on the bus.
She keeps asking me how many days until Disney……yep, we are going to go and we are going to make it the best time in our lives. The boys are going to start preschool soon and are very excited as well.
Time is going by too fast…..I wish I could just press a button and make time stop, just for 50 years or so……
Someone asked me the other day if I “made a deal with the devil yet” in regards to Maria….I laughed because I knew it was a joke, but I did respond. “He hasn’t called me yet, but when he does, I would make that deal in a heartbeat”.
This has made me think….I would never sell my soul for anything in the world, but my daughter would be the closest thing. Besides that, there isn’t anything I wouldn't give to save my Maria.
Father Tim said in the video, which when I first saw it, it was the first time I heard it, he said, “who are we to deprive someone from Heaven, when it is ultimately the place we are all trying to get to?” Which I agree, but as I think harder and more selfishly, I think, “I would never want to stop my Maria from going to Heaven, but I really do want to delay her trip. Not because I don’t want her to go there and be with God, but more out of the fear that I may not go there and then I may never see her again. And that is what I fear the most; never seeing my Maria again.
It is times like this that so many people think about their faith and the relevance and question the validity of all of it. This too is unknown and this too is hard. All I keep asking is for everyone’s prayers that our Maria will be with us for a long time and that if God ever does decide to take her I hope that he thinks about taking me with her.
Please continue to pray and know that we love and thank all of you for your continued support.
Ed and Megan